MK8 MM & MINI MK8 MM
MK8 EGA EVO
AUTOFLAME COMBUSTION MANAGEMENT SOLUTIONS
Autoflame has a proud history going back as far as 1968 – Starting small and growing to become a world leader in boiler monitoring and emissions reduction technology.
With over 20,000 systems currently in operation globally, Autoflame burner controls are now specified as standard equipment in the boiler rooms of some of the world’s most prestigious organizations. Autoflame has partnerships with more than 100 technology centres worldwide, providing local engineering, installation and support for Autoflame systems. These centres have been thoroughly vetted for quality and reliability, and they receive regular training to ensure they are up to date with the latest innovations. Whether developing advanced burner control systems, providing service and commissioning support, or upgrading existing plant with retrofit packages, we are committed to delivering high quality, innovative and effective solutions for our clients virtually anywhere in the world.
Autoflame currently has seven worldwide patents on products designed and manufactured in house, and is the proud holder of The Queen’s Award for Enterprise in the categories of Export Achievement (1996), Environment (1997) and Innovation (2007). The company has seen impressive growth and continues to build upon its comprehensive portfolio of products
Autoflame Technology Produces
- Innovative Ideas
- Reduced Costs
- Lower Emissions
“Every Boiler and Burner should be fitted with Autoflame Controls! Period”
– Grant Renecle, MD
Burner & Boiler Control
The Mk8 MM Controller is a Micro-Modulating system that offers comprehensive control over industrial and commercial boiler/burners. Managed virtually all boiler processes from a single 12.1” multi-touch screen interface without any added modules.
Ideal for steam and water boilers (watertube or firetube), kilns and steam generators. Designed for oil, natural gas or both fuels. Linkages servomotor system and automated flame safeguard create conditions for unmanned boilerhouse.
Modbus connectivity allows for remote monitoring and management. Control more with software unlocks.
Access codes unlock advanced features without the inconvenience of hardware changes or added modules:
- Autoflame water level management
- Analogue water level (requires Autoflame water level)
- TDS/Top blowdown
- Bottom blowdown
- Draught control
- Direct Modbus connectivity
- First out annunciation
- Fully metered, cross-limited control
- Steam flow & water flow metering
MINI MK8 MM
Perfect for industrial and commercial steam and hot water boiler applications, the Autoflame Mini Mk8 Controller offers cutting edge technology that can significantly reduce emissions and fuel costs.
Able to reduce fuel consumption by 5-7% over traditional linkage systems. Capable of reducing CO2 emissions by 10%. Repeatable, accurate positioning system reduces maintenance costs.
Controls fuel, VSD, scheduling, sequencing and other automatic settings. Robust steel construction.
Available in a control panel package
- Direct replacement for Mini MK7
- Micro Modulation of fuel/air ratio control
- 2 fuel curve capability
- 3 servomotor channel control
- 1 VSD channel control
- Internal flame safeguard control
- Full flame supervision with self-check UV, IR or ionisation flame detection
- Self-check UV detection (optional)
- Lead lag/IBS (Intelligent Boiler Sequencing)
- Precise target setpoint control (PID)
- 3 parameter trim, O2, CO2, & CO (requires EGA option)
- NFPA compliant
- Outdoor Temperature Compensation (requires OTC module)
- Time clock feature
Mini Mk8 Controller
Comparison between Mk8 & Mk8 Controllers
Burner & Boiler Control
The Mk8 DTI (Data Transfer Interface) lets users know in real time how the boilers are performing, either on-site through its built-in touch screen, via a local PC, or remotely via a BMS system. It stores MM and EGA system data for a rolling 2-year period.
The DTI is a gateway for communicating with the Autoflame MM Controller and/or EGA range of products. The DTI collects and stores information from a maximum of 10 Autoflame Systems in one location. The information gathered is instantly available for transmission to an external source such as a BMS via RS422 or Ethernet link. The Mk8 DTI also includes Autoflame DTI Manager software as standard, allowing data collection over a local network or over the internet. The Mk8 DTI also supports the Modbus protocol over Ethernet and RS422 as standard.
The DTI can collect information from up to 10 of each of the following Autoflame products:
- Mk8 MM Controller, Mini Mk8 MM Controller or any combination
- Autoflame Mk8 Exhaust Gas Analyser (EGA) linked directly to the DTI
- Pressure sensor network – connect and monitor Autoflame Mk8 digital Gas or Air pressure sensors, with two years of data logs
- Input/Output modules with both analogue and digital connections
Network Emails generated in the case of a fault or alarm
Emission Monitoring & Trim
Mk8 EGA Evo
Overview: CEMS emissions auditing and trim control
For decades, boilerhouses, manufacturing plants and other industrial environments have used EGA’s (Exhaust Gas Analyser) to monitor flue emissions to comply with environmental regulations & to reduce fuel usage & emissions. The EGA EVO can operate as a standalone independent continuous monitor, or it can feed back its readings to an Autoflame MM Boiler Controller, allowing the MM to adjust the fuel/air ratio (trim) of the burner for optimised performance.
- Simultaneous & continuous sampling of up to 6 exhaust gases (O2, CO2, CO, NO, NO2 & SO2) at a fraction of the price of alternative systems. Use with Autoflame MM Controller or Standalone Mode.
- Enables 3 parameter trim control in MM Controller for improved fuel efficiency and emission reduction.
With built-in CEMS Auditing software, view reports by user-definable time periods (24 hours, 2 weeks, 1 month, 2 years, etc.) based on:
- Total weight & volumetric emissions
- Weight/volumetric emissions per exhaust
- Total cost of fuel
Mk8 EGA Evo
Download the full autoflame catalog here
Combustion Technology is the Exclusive Supplier and Distributor of Autoflame in South Africa & Mauritius.
Burning With Intelligence | Episode 1 | Introduction to Autoflame
Introducing the new #Autoflame series #BurningWithIntelligence where Autoflame’s Tom Garrett provides intelligent answers to burning questions | In this first episode, Tom provides a short background on the Autoflame Story and all things Autoflame | Follow the series across socials with #BurningWithIntelligence