MPACT CORRUCATED – KUILSRIVIER
Customer: MPACT Corrugated
Location: Kuilsrivier, Western Cape, SA
Year: August, 2020
Controller: Autoflame MK8 MM, Autoflame MK8 O2 interface module, MK8 I/O unit, Custom built control panel
Remote Monitoring: 24/7 Steam Boiler Management System Interface – Autoflame Mk8 DTI
Burner: Riello AF450
SCOPE OF WORK
MPACT Corrugated required a Controls upgrade to their existing equipment which was due. We offered the new Autoflame MK8 MM Controller with Intelligent fully modulating water level controls as well as an O2 interface for automatic air/fuel ratio trimming of the Combustion.
Included in the package was a completely new floor standing double door control panel with PID SSR Heater pack control with the Autoflame I/O unit for external signals like steam flow and feedwater temperature amongst others.
The client opted for our Differential Pressure Transmitter to manage the water levels with auxiliary low water safeties from the existing Mobrey water level control system.
Kuilsrivier, Western Cape, SA
- To reduce our Client’s fuel consumption by means of constant O2 emissions monitoring and trimming as well as improve boiler efficiency with modulating water level control.
- Electrical energy savings by means of VSD for the feedwater pump and SSR (Solid State Relay) HFO Heater pack controls.
KEY FACTORS FOR SUCCESSFUL INSTALLATION OF KIT
The end result had to deliver on our promise and Savings Projections for the Client!
BENEFIT AND COST SAVING TO SITE
- Ease of daily use by touch screen.
- Full Monthly Boiler Performance reporting.
- 24/7 Alarm / fault reporting system.
- Continuous support via our Boiler Management WhatsApp platform.
- Water level control within 5mm of required level eliminated wide pump stop start points.
RECOMMENDATION FROM CUSTOMER
Combustion Technology is an excellent partner in
reducing our annual fuel consumption on our HFO fueled Boiler.
At Mpact Corrugated Kuils River we changed the control system of the Riello burner to automatically adjust the air to fuel ratio to maximise steam generation with lesser fuel.
Additional to this an electronic water control system that is utilised to add water into the Boiler which is equal to the evaporation rate, meaning the water level remains consistent requiring less fuel to run production.
Their service levels are top quality and I highly
Operational & Technical Manager